I’m currently on a seafood diet… I see food and I eat it.

This photo was taken in Room 403 in Degeta Hall
This Photo was taken in my best friends kitchen.
  1. For the First photo in the classroom, I chose an apple because of the irony that came with it. Growing up I was always told when you do something bad in school, you should give the teacher an apple as an “I’m sorry” gift. I also chose the banana for the other photo because I thought it would be like a cartoon to see a banana peel on someone’s head. 
  2. The lighting in the first photo was only classroom lighting. I believe that helped boost the mood and atmosphere because it really helps portray the idea that it was a regular school day. The second photo was taken with only lighting from outside. This affects the mood of the photo because it was darker which explains how the banana peel ended up on my friends head rather than the.
  3. I used the rule of thirds for my composition in the first photo. I used that composition when editing by cropping it so the apple is in the bottom left corner, and the student is in the top right corner. This gives off the effect that you are looking at the student, who is giving the teacher an apple. The second photo uses the composition of symmetry. This is because the banana is on the center of my friend’s head. 
  4. The background of the photo being black and white with only the fruits being colorized helps the fruit really stand out. I chose to mark only the fruits with color because it attracts the viewer’s attention to that fruit which should be the focal point of the photograph. The color in the banana photo also helps emphasize how silly the photo is. 
  5. I used the zoom of the lens in the classroom photo to zoom out so I could capture both the student and the teacher with the apple in the center. I tried to get the photo with each person at opposite corners with them meeting diagonally in the middle with the student giving the teacher the apple. I tried to use my Iphone camera with regular focus but getting the camera up close to my friend so the photo seems as natural as possible. I then enhanced the yellow to make sure the main focus is on the peel
  6. My main piece of advice to give to next year’s students for shooting food portraits is to think outside of the box. This means don’t just take a photo of someone eating food, but instead make the photo ironic like the apple photo. Another suggestion would be for a banana peel photo, try to safely get a photo of someone slipping on a banana peel like seen in a cartoon.